iftee free shopping

title: The Brain and Autopsy [ Print ]

author : tianzc    time : 2014-2-20 10:54
title: The Brain and Autopsy
Neuropathologists can confirm clinical diagnoses at death by doing an autopsy. Such work can reveal the presence of markers characteristic of particular diseases. This might include neurofibrillary tangles and neuritic plaques indicating the presence of Alzheimers disease (AD) or stroke as examples.
The other interesting thing about autopsies of the brain is that the neuropathologist may uncover something peculiar about the persons brain that can help to explain that persons talent or brilliance in a particular activity. One example is Einsteins brain that had a slightly different area of the parietal lobe relative to the rest of the population. This might help to explain his appreciation of space and numbers.
''As I watched the recent funeral of Michael Jackson the most salient issue for me was the children. Like many, I hope and pray for their wellbeing and comfort. I have also noticed multiple articles in the media on determining cause of death in this case and the value of conducting an autopsy of the brain.
I understand the need to determine cause of death; however I am hopeful that any autopsy of the brain also sheds light on the brilliance and creative spirit of Michael. I wonder if the neuropathologist might discover some ideas within the folds and grooves of the brain that help all of us understand not only the brilliance of Michael, but of the human brain and our potential to create.
Dr. Paul Nussbaum
Fitbrains.com

Welcome iftee free shopping (http://iftee.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3